Theia's scoring system is a standard 0-100 system, similar to what you are used to in school. You should view scores the same way 90+ is great, below 70 there is room for improvement.
Daily scores are calculated based on 4 main factors:
- Average glucose in the day
- The highest your glucose went
- Time in range (ie. how much time did you spend in the green area)
- Variability (ie. how stable was your graph, we want to reduce ups and downs)
Activity scores are calculated a little bit differently, here we are looking at the following factors:
- What was your glucose when you started the activity
- How high did it spike after the activity
- What did you average in the 3-4 hours after the activity
- How many hours did it take you to reach back to baseline
Keep in mind that if activities are stacked one after another this can cause activity scores to be inaccurate, we do display a message on the top when you click on an activity letting you know it's grouped.
Theia scores help you identify which foods do well with your body personally and which ones need work. There are often simple changes that you can implement that will improve your overall score. The idea here is to focus on the highest impact changes that are sustainable for the rest of your life, to start trending your daily scores up.
*Note: Exact scoring parameters may vary by provider.